I. Who is the data controller?
Your personal data shall be processed by Caldeira, Cernadas, Sousa Magalhães e Associados - Sociedade de Advogados, SP, RL (the “CCSM”), legal entity no. 504710370, registration at the Bar Association no. 64/99, with registered address at Rua 5 de Outubro, no. 446-466, 4100-173 Porto, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number +351 226 076 020 or +351 226 075 900.
CCSM is the data controller as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
II. Which personal data do we collect and process?
The mere access and viewing of the Website do not entail the provision of any personal data by the users. Such personal data shall only be provided by the users when they make use of the forms included in the pages “Careers” and “Contacts” of this Website.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
When you contact us through the use of any of the above-mentioned forms, CCSM may collect and process the following categories of personal data (illustrative list):
- Identification data (for example, name, birth date, gender, address, phone number and e-mail, passport or citizen card details, taxpayer number, citizenship);
- Data on academic qualifications and professional experience (for example, qualifications, certifications, languages, curriculum, titles and positions performed in the past, data on former employers);
- Professional activity data (for example, business activities, data pertaining to cases and files, procedures data).
Data subjects are the individuals to whom the data refers to. The categories of personal data listed above may belong to different categories of data subjects, such as clients, potential clients, employees of corporate clients or potential clients, counterparties and applicants (in the context of recruitment processes).
III. For what purposes and on which grounds do we collect and process your personal data?
CCSM shall only collect and process your personal data on the following grounds and for the following purposes:
- Analysis of applications (recruitment): the personal data shall be processed for purposes of analysis and management of your application to a position in CCSM (as lawyer, training lawyer or another employee). The ground for the processing of these data is the fact that such processing is necessary for pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject's request.
- Reply to requests of information or contact: the personal data shall be processed, based on your consent and on a legitimate interest, for purposes of managing the contact with you and provide the clarification and information requested by you.
IV. What rights do you have?
Under applicable legislation, you may at any time:
- Request the access to the information that we hold about you: as the data subject, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not the data relating to you are being processed and, if that is the case, to access your personal data and the information provided for by law. You may also request a copy of your data being currently processed.
- Request the correction of information, in cases where it is inaccurate or incomplete: as the data subject, you have the right to request CCSM, without undue delay, to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data that concern you.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: you have the right to ask CCSM to erase your personal data when, among other reasons, they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Oppose the processing of your personal data: in certain cases, you may request CCSM to cease processing your personal data. CCSM will no longer process your personal data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: as the data subject, you have the right to request CCSM to limit the processing of your personal data, if one of the following situations applies: (i) you challenge the accuracy of the personal data, for a period that allows CCSM to check its accuracy; (ii) the data processing is lawful, and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and, instead, asks for its use to be limited; (iii) CCSM no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but these data are required by the data subject to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; (iv) when you have objected to the processing of your personal data, pending verification as to whether legitimate grounds of the controller override the grounds you have provided.
- If the processing depends on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it: if consent is legally required to process personal data, the data subject has the right to withdraw consent at any time, but such right shall not compromise the lawfulness of any processing carried out on the basis of consent previously given, nor the subsequent processing of the same data on another legal basis, as is the case of fulfilling any contract or legal obligation to which CCSM is subject.
- Portability: right to have CCSM send, directly to you or to another data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have made available to us.
V. For how long do we keep your personal data?
CCSM will only keep your data for as long as strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. However, in certain cases we may keep your data for longer period, particularly when that is required by law.
VI. With whom do we share your personal data?
CCSM may share your personal data with:
- Service providers that supply services to CCSM, such as Information Technologies (IT) providers, communications services, translation services and digital and physical archive services.
- Third parties, when such communication of data is necessary for the compliance with legal obligations or court orders, or to reply to requests of public authorities.
VII. Security and confidentiality
We are committed to keeping your data safe and we use appropriate security measures to ensure your personal data are protected and to prevent access by unauthorised persons. We subject our systems and security policies to regular checks to ensure that your data are secure and protected.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and consequently we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted through our Website.
VIII. Links to third-party websites
The links contained in this Website may lead to the websites of third parties, not held or made available by CCSM. CCSM shall not be liable or in any way supports or endorses the content of such websites (or of the websites connected to or mentioned in such websites). We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of any other website you access through a link contained in the Website.
Contacts of the data controller
If you have any doubts regarding the processing of your personal data or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us (by mail or e-mail) using the following contacts:
Address: Rua 5 de Outubro, n.º 446-466, 4100-173 Porto
If you consider that CCSM did not process your personal data in accordance with applicable legislation, you also have the right to file a complaint with the National Commission for Data Protection..